Plums Plums Plums

Cooking up still more plum  sauce today.  3 lbs of plums, 2 tbs lemon juice, and 2 cups sugar. Makes a great all around base for just about anything.  Yesterday I mixed 1 cup of plum sauce with 1 cup of BBQ sauce and made a knock out plum BBQ- which I poured on a whole batch of Costco chicken thighs (skin removed).  I baked the thighs at 350 for about an hour.  My they were good.  They'd be just as good grilled outside.  That plum sauce is a delicious addition to savory foods.

Today, I just started a batch of plum vodka.  I used 2 cups of plums, 1/2 cup of sugar, and a large jar with a seal- and filled it to the top with vodka.  In the Balkans they make plum vodka with a vanilla bean and cinnamon as well- so I'm thinking of making a smaller jar with those additions- and then seeing which I like better.  Pictures to follow! 

Comments