Savory Peanut Flour Curry Cookies

I spent some time figuring out how to make a savory cookie.  After some experimentation, I give you a very yummy curry peanut savory cookie:
Preheat oven to 375

1 cup peanut flour
1 cup regular flour (I used bread flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking bowder
1 egg and 2 yolks (I think you could just add 2 eggs- but I had some yolks from this morning, and I wanted to use them up)
1/4 cup salted butter
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbs balti curry powder
2 Tbs poppy seeds
1/8 cup minced or chopped onion (I tried both- both are good- just depends on how big you like your onion chunks)

Mix everything together and then add:
Approximately 4 Tbs water (I added water until the dough held together well- and as I was pouring, not measuring, I'm not totally sure on the water- but pour and mix until the mixture just holds together in a nice firm ball.)

On parchment paper make the dough into 2" round and press down (should be about 3/4 inches high)
Bake about 10 minutes- until just turning slightly brown (I flipped one over to check the bottom- and it was very lightly browned. ) I do like sweet cookies- but these are amazing! I love them.

Here's a picture:

Comments