Reducing Food Waste

So this morning, as I was making tomatoes baked with eggs for my family, I was thinking- "What can I do with these tomato guts besides tossing them in soup?" (what I usually do.)  So I decided to "risotto" them!  I hollowed out 5 large tomatoes- which gave me 2 cups of loosely packed tomato- and I put that in my crockpot- didn't even bother to chop it up.  Then I added 500g of Pomi tomato sauce, 1/4 cup white wine (chardonnay), 1/4 cup olive oil,  2 tsp of oregano, 1 tsp of powdered garlic, and 2 Tbs of dried onion, and 1 cup arborio rice.  I put the crockpot on high for 2 hours.  When the rice was soft, I added 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese- it was delicious!  You will love this- and it's 2, Two, 2 meals in one!

The baked eggs:
http://yearoflunches.blogspot.com/2014/01/delicious-baked-tomatoes-and-eggs-easy.html

Comments