Salmon Frittata

I cooked a whole sockeye salmon last night - bought at Costco, sliced in to steaks(poached in cream, with spices). So today I'm using up some of the leftover meat in a salmon frittata.

I used two of those amazing pretzel buns from Costco- sliced them up, and diced them, and put them in two buttered pans.  So basically the bottom of the pan was covered with a single layer of bread crumbs. I use fish shaped pans- which are approx 13 by 8- but some of that is head and tail, so the effective area is probably that of an 8 by 8 pan. I sauteed 1 cup of diced Maui onion, then added pepper and garlic gold granules (so add garlic to taste- or garlic gold). In a bowl I used a whip to combine 7 eggs, 2 cups of flaked boneless salmon, the onion mixture, 3/4 cup half and half, 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I use the Trader Joes Mexican blend), and then, because it was leftover, I added a little more than a cup of asparagus risotto (the kind from Costco, by Framini- we had that last night with Salmon steaks and salad).  I poured the salmon mix over the bread crumbs in two pans, topped them with about 1/8 cup of shredded cheese each- and put the pans in the oven (400 to start).

I'll try to put the picture up. Because the whole thing turned out GREAT,and it was so easy! I'm totally making this for company. My kids say it tastes like a crab cake crossed with a quiche.

400 degree oven, reduced to 300 after 15 minutes- cook frittata until nicely browned.  Then get a piece before your family eats it all.  



I'm sure you could use canned salmon, tuna or crab for this, just as easily as freshly cooked salmon. I just had a rather large chunk of salmon in my fridge.  Salmon salad sandwiches tomorrow!

Comments