Need to use up some shrimp cocktail?

So I made a bucket of shrimp cocktail (long story) using the giant plastic tub of wild shrimp you can get at Costco in the refrigerated fish section.  I had mixed it up with a bottle of Trader Joe's cocktail sauce.  I had a good cup, maybe a cup and a half left over.  So I thought- why not shrimp cocktail quiche?  It turned out really well.

You will need:
some shrimp cocktail- I used between a cup and a cup and a half- sorry, I didn't measure- and I picked it up with a slotted spoon, so most of the liquid was left behind

1 unbaked pie crust- I used Trader Joe's frozen (I know I could make my own, but I'm lazy)
3 eggs
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup half and half
1 heaping TBS cornstarch (I use organic)
pepper to taste- I used 1/2 tsp
Add fresh dill, or dried, if you like the taste
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Trader Joe's Mexican Blend)

Mix everything but the shrimp with a whip until creamy, then add the shrimp and blend.  Pour in to crust.

I have a shrimp cookie cutter- and if I make this for company, I'm going to bake a shrimp pastry crust "cookie"- and put it on the top of the quiche with some sprigs of fresh dill.

Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes- I probably do mine a little longer, because I love the top to be a full golden brown

Comments