The First Week of School is OVER!

I have taken pictures of most of our lunches- but have not put them up yet. But at least I can tell you what we had. On Tuesday, the first day of school for me, I made peanut butter sandwiches, but I added Costco chocolate covered peanuts. I'd say there were about 9 -10 peanuts per sandwich- I'll have to count them in the pictures. At any rate, my kids and I loved this addition. It makes your sandwich taste like dessert! With the sandwich I sent green grapes, carrots, some yogurt covered raisins, and some pistachios. On Wednesday, we took brie wedges, water crackers, apples (I just sent whole apples- was too lazy to cut them and dip them in vitamin C water), more grapes, dates and chocolate chip cookies. On Thursday we took cups of hummus (from Costco) water crackers, dates, raisins, chocolate peanuts, and carrots. On Friday we had more peanut butter sandwiches with chocolate peanuts- because they were SO good we wanted them again. This time I packed applesauce with them (berry flavored), celery sticks, and I broke a kitkat bar in half and put it in my kids' lunch tins. The kitkat melted- and my kids told me it made the sandwich extra delicious- so that was a lucky break for me.

I'm out of practice making lunches in a hurry. So this weekend I'm baking some breads to use in my lunches, and I'm going to make some pasta salads and other easy things to pack. Maybe some home made cookies too- or some scones. Maybe both!

Comments