First Lunch of the New School Year

My son started college today, so I packed him a lunch. He could have made his own, of course, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I bought little individual hummus cups at Costco, and sent those with water crackers, grapes, chocolate pistachio date bread (very delicious, from the Bread Machine cookbook- see the bottom of this post), some cheese, a gingerbread-walnut-raisin muffin, and an organic applesauce cup. Since my son is gone from 7am- 3:30pm, I wanted to make sure he had lunch and snacks. He said I DID send enough food :-) Tonight I'm making the Bread of the Angels, also from the Bread Machine cookbook. It's got marzipan, sour cherries, and slivered almonds. It's baking right now, and smells amazing. I'll post pictures later.

http://www.amazon.com/Bread-Lovers-Machine-Cookbook-Bread-/dp/155832156X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313724571&sr=8-1

Comments