Veggies Tonight

Fennel was only 99cents a bulb at Trader Joes today. What a treat. So I bought 3. I sliced them thinly and sauteed them in butter until slightly caramelized. Then I turned off the heat, deglazed with about 1/4 cup lemon juice, and tossed the fennel with 1 cup of shaved parmesan cheese (I could have used less, to be honest- but it was super cheesy delicious).

Also on the menu (I was mixing cultures tonight) was cauliflower cooked in the microwave and topped with whole milk yogurt (about a cup) mixed with 2 tablespoons of ras el hanout.

Not familiar with ras el hanout?

http://www.amazon.com/Mustaphas-Moroccan-Hanout-8-Ounce-Pouch/dp/B000V5VNJQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1281062703&sr=8-4

I also served some mac n cheese to placate my daughters- but my son, husband and I thought the veggies were fantastic, and we all had seconds. In fact, I'm pretty darn stuffed right now. In a good way :-)

Comments