Sushi

We had salmon earlier in the week, so I used some of the leftovers to make poached salmon sushi. I also made roasted red pepper sushi, and sushi with Bubbies sauerkraut (see link)- it's my favorite sauerkraut. The sauerkraut sushi was amazing. It was so good I had an extra bowl of sushi rice topped with sauerkraut. Yummmmm. And it would make an awesome cold lunch. I'm definitely going to take sushi rice and sauerkraut this year for my school lunches. It's filling, and I love the taste.

Remember, sushi rice is super simple- it's some combination of seasoned rice vinegar (or regular rice vinegar), sugar, mirin, and soy sauce- though you can play around a lot with the recipe. If you google it you'll find a bunch of different ways to prepare it- and almost all of them are delicious.

And don't be afraid of rolling sushi. If I can do it, anyone can do it. But you really need a bamboo roller- it does all the work. Go to youtube and watch some of the videos- that's how I learned to roll sushi. And I could not believe how easy it was.

Bubbies

http://www.bubbies.com/prod_sauerkraut.shtml

Comments