So we had my daughter's 21st birthday party today, and I made cherry tomato tart (you will find the recipe a few posts back), and tiny sandwiches (tuna, cucumber) and dates with pecans, and two chocolate cakes, and brownies, and madelines from Costco I dipped in dark chocolate, grapes and watermelon, salad, and more- so much more. But several of the things I made would work great for lunches.

Dates with pecans and cream cheese- I use medjool dates, take out the pit, put in a small amount of cream cheese, and press the cheese in to chopped pecans. Wonderful!

Celery with Rondele cheese and pecans- spread celery with Rondele cheese (I get it at Costco), and then press cheese in to pecans. Yum

Cucumber salad- slice peeled hot house cucumbers very thin. Spread thin slices of bread with a mixture of cream cheese, pepper, finely chopped chives, and salt to taste. You can add a drop of green food coloring, but I don't feel the need. Layer one slice of bread with cucumbers, and close the sandwich up.

Costco Madelines- perfect for dipping! Try melting some of the exotic chocolate bars- like Chocolate with chile, or chocolate with sea salt- then dip 1/2 the Madeline on the upper side in to the chocolate. It's really pretty, and it's SO delicious. I often make these for lunches. I put the cookies in the fridge to make the chocolate extra firm, and then wrap them individually in plastic wrap.

Comments