Quiche Lunch


This is two lunches- the little one in the tin is my daughter's lunch.

I used the quiche recipe I mentioned earlier in August. But I will repeat it here- since it's so easy, and lately I've been using white onion instead of green. And I am making double batches- and adding last minute ingredients so I have two flavors. I just baked two this morning, and made one ham, and one tuna.

1 cup mayo
1 cup milk
2 TBS cornstarch
1/2 chopped onion- chop fine- I use a sweet white onion
4 eggs (you can add more if you like- it changes the texture)
3 cups finely shredded cheese- I use Trader Joes Mexican blend

Mix milk, mayo, cornstarch and eggs. Add cheese and onion. Then add whatever goodies you want to put in- this is also the point where you can divide the recipe and make 2 different kinds of quiche, or you can make two the same. It's up to you. For ONE quiche, cut the recipe in 1/2.

Last minute additions- I give amounts for a SINGLE quiche (plain cheese and onion is also delicious)- 6 ounces chopped ham, or 1/2 can chili, or 1 can tuna, or 1 can crab, or 1 can shrimp, or drained chopped olives- the list is endless. Play with this!!! And the quiche is nice and firm, so it will travel well in the lunchbox. My children tell me there has been no quiche breakage :-)

Remember- I'm too lazy to bake that pie crust ahead of time. I just use Trader Joes unbaked pie crust. I have found that glass pie dishes give a much crispier crust (and give it that "pot pie" taste- which we just love). I have used clear glass and corningwear, and they are far superior to my stainless steel pie pans.

Comments