Tomato Tart and Feta Pastries

In the April issue of Food and Wine there was a great, easy recipe for a tomato tart. All you had to do was toss tomatoes with olive oil and salt, and put them in a pie crust. I decided to make it even easier by buying the pie crust at Trader Joes- I also bought my organic cherry tomatoes there, too.

I tossed the tomatoes with olive oil and salt, and sprinkled pepper on the top, then baked until the crust was browned- about 35 minutes in my oven.

I used the other Trader Joes crust (there were two) to make little pastries with feta and kalamata olives (thank you Real Simple). I used a small biscuit cutter, cutting out two shapes per pastry, and then filling each pastry with feta and chopped olives. Close the pastries around the edge with the tines of a fork. I baked the pastries until browned

Comments