Still Can't Find my Camera

So this week my daughter had her wisdom teeth out, and there was much call for pudding at our house. I made these two lovely puddings, that made her very happy. I hope you enjoy them, and wish I could show them to you:

This is a wine custard I made up myself, since most other wine custard recipes call for double boiler:

2 cups milk (I use whole non-homogenized "cream top" milk- or half and half)
3 tbs cornstarch (organic is what I use)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs sweet wine (I used some Yalumba Muscat- a dessert wine from Australia)

Cook milk till bubbles form around the edge. Add sugar/salt/cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly over low heat until mixture thickens. When thick, add wine, keep stirring. I keep cooking about another 3-5 minutes. Then turn off heat and keep stirring until mixture is somewhat cooled (and no bubbles would form if you stopped stirring.) Mixture must NOT boil.


We eat this warm over berries, and cooled as a pudding. It's also good warm just by itself. It's a great compliment to a glass of Yalumba Muscat- an obvious pairing that is simply fabulous.


EASY CHOCOLATE PUDDING

1/2 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
2 1/2 c. half and half
1/3 c. cocoa (I use Starbucks cocoa)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt. Slowly heat milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbles form around the edge (I use a whisk for stirring). Add dry ingredients and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Add vanilla. Cook 3-5 minutes longer- keep stirring until cool enough not to bubble. Chill. Makes 6 servings- unless you have teens. Then it might make one serving (two if you are lucky).

Comments