goat cheese, yogurt and bread

Easy lunch today. Trader Joes has small goat cheeses that come in a bag. I took one of the little rounds to work with some sourdough bread, a small salad and a plum. I also poured some Strauss family creamery (see link) organic European yogurt (whole milk) in to a small container and topped it with some wildflower honey. I try to eat only whole milk products. If you start using low fat milk products you are upping the sugar in your milk product, and you are also less likely to get the signal that you are full. Fats (at least it seems to me) make you feel full very quickly, thus rapidly reducing your appetite. Studies have shown for both women and children (see link to children's study) that whole milk drinkers, and people who eat whole milk cheeses, tend to have lower body mass indexes. Good to know- right? Especially since whole milk products taste so darn good.

At our house we drink only whole milk that is NOT homogenized (I find this "cream top" milk only at Trader Joes). My kids drink far less milk than they did when we used to buy lowfat. I know it's anecdotal- but take it for what you will.


http://www.strausfamilycreamery.com/

http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/006682.html

Comments