Chicken Salad Scones

So I moved- I think I mentioned that. My camera is still somewhere in our new garage in one of the many boxes out there. And on top of the moving I caught pneumonia :-) It's been an interesting summer (and did I mention I started an internship right after school let out?). We HAVE been eating even though our lives have been insane, but we haven't always been eating things I've made. I came to rely rather heavily on Trader Joes premade salads, sandwiches and frozen food.

Chicken Salad Scones

I used Garvey's Scone mix (find it at Amazon) with cheddar cheese and black pepper added. I probably add 1/3 cup- I just take a handful of shredded cheddar. I don't measure.

The chicken salad began as Foster Farms Costco thighs- 99 cents a pound- and I take the skin off before baking. Then I sprinkle the thighs with herbs de provence and French gardeners' salt (just salt with herbs- you can find it on Amazon, or just use any old salt you like.) I bake at 350 until the chicken is done.

The chicken makes dinner the first night, and then the next day I chop up what's left, add mayonnaise, parseley, onions, celery, pepper and salt, and a little mustard powder.

I slice the scones and fill with the chicken salad. Delicious. And these are pretty enough to serve to guests, but easy enough to make for a family lunch. I served them with a fruit salad of watermelon, plums, mango, grapes and nectarines.

Comments