Passion Fruit Scones


I had a bit of drama with these scones today. The first batch I made burned badly on the bottom, though the tops were perfect (I know because I ate most of them.)

So I did a little reflection, and decided that because the passion fruit puree was so wet, I needed to make the scones smaller, and cook them at a slightly lower heat. I changed the oven to 400, and made the scones about 1/3 the size of my normal scones. They came out PERFECTLY.

And they taste just amazing- if you like passion fruit, which happens to be one of my favorite flavors. The scone mix I use is Garvey's Organic Scone mix, and I added 1/3 cup of Napa "A Perfect Puree"- passion fruit puree, as well as 2 heaping TBS sugar, and a little dusting of sugar on top (probably 1/4 of a tsp, though I don't measure it).

I was planning on sending these in the kids' lunches this week, but I don't know if there will be any left by tomorrow...

Comments