Chuckwagon Sandwich

This was a slightly messy sandwich, so I wrapped it in plastic wrap before putting it in a lunch bag.

Ingredients: baked beans (homemade or canned), onions sautéed with diced pork or bacon, focaccia rolls (I used fresh rosemary focaccia rolls I bought at our farmer's market).

I sautéed one finely diced onion in 2 TBS butter and then added about 1/4 pound finely diced ham shoulder (that had been part of a dinner). On the split focaccia rolls I put 2 heaping TBS of baked beans, and then topped it with the sautéed onions and pork. One onion and 1/4 pound meat was enough to top the beans on 4 large sandwiches. I wrapped the whole sandwich up in plastic wrap, and sent it with some pluots, grapes and a granola bar. It was very tasty cold- although it is equally good hot!

Comments