Salmon and Tomato Rolled Sandwiches with Dill

I still have a lot of whole wheat lavosh bread, and my kids asked for more salmon sandwiches. So I got to thinking, how about two complimentary sandwiches? I used dill weed to tie these two sandwiches together.

Ingredients:
dill weed
4 oz smoked salmon
whipped cream cheese
romaine lettuce
home grown tomatoes
lavosh bread (whole wheat)
cherry tomatoes
celery hearts
salt
pepper

The first sandwich has whipped cream cheese spread on lavosh bread. I sprinkled the cream cheese generously with dill weed. Then I layered salmon on the lavosh bread, and topped it with romaine lettuce with the ribs removed. Finally, I rolled it up tightly. The two sandwiches at the top of the box are the salmon sandwiches.

At the bottom of the box are four tomato roll ups. I made them by spreading whipped cream cheese on lavosh bread and then sprinkling the cheese with dill. Then I took thinly sliced home grown tomatoes and put them on a paper towel to get a little of the liquid out. After drying them out a little I layered them on the sandwich, sprinkled them with a little sea salt, put some freshly ground black pepper on them, and rolled them up (no lettuce on these). Delicious!

In the little oots box I sent celery heart sticks and cherry tomatoes, and I packed an apple sauce and some cookies, since this was my son's lunch, and he has a big appetite.

Comments